Low Testosterone and its Effects to People
What is testosterone?
It is a hormone which is usually made up or composed of testes in men and ovaries for ladies. There are people experiencing from testosterone level which is decreasing.
The two (2) main functions of it namely:
- It is greatly needed to create and maintain the sex organs of males and to promote secondary male sex features (in both men and women). For example, the voice of males become deeper and there is a growth in the hair which can be observed which consists of patterns. Its function is related to properties which is called androgenic or the male characteristics.
- It is the facilitation of development in the muscle. Aside from that, it contributes to the maintenance and growth of the muscles.
There are number of factors that cause this illness these are namely:
- There is abnormality in the chromosomes.
- Patients experienced mumps orchitis which consist of virus that causes the irritation and swelling in the male’s sex organ. (testes)
- Ovary condition in ladies which is caused by surgical procedures particularly the removal of their ovaries. It is a situation where in the testosterone level lows.
- Usually the patients of cancer are prone to this because they undergo radiation therapy and chemotherapy that can destroy cells in the testes which is responsible or liable for the creation of testosterone provisional or temporary as the cells get well, or it may be last forever or permanently.
- When they get old, there is a decrease in the level of their testosterone. There is a production of enough of it to let for sufficient bodily functions. There are researches in which according to it decrease in the level of testosterone can be a product or result in several medical difficulties which include muscle and bone loss and erectile dysfunction or impotence.
Everybody wants to treat this kind of sickness. There are ways to eliminate or cure this sickness these are the following:
- In treating and curing this illness there is a need to take in consideration the primary cause of this illnesses.
- When the level of testosterone falls or decreases when getting old, there is no proof that this is an irregular condition which requires cures or treatments. On the other hand the results of the research is questionable and there are researches that measures the consequence of testosterone in males with age bracket of sixty (60) to eighty (80) years discovers that there is no advantage in either physical or mental role or functions.